Every corner of Villa Porro Pirelli tells a story that has its roots in past centuries and is inextricably linked to the events of the Porro dynasty, a noble family of Lombard feudal lords who boasted kinships and ties with the most influential families of the time. Tommaso Porro, administrator of the court of Giulio Sforza was the first who in 1504 moved to the residence of Induno Olona, where the Porro family lived for almost 400 years, continuing with passion to embellish and enlarge the structure until it gave it the appearance of the current eighteenth-century villa.
Among the most illustrious descendants, the count Gian Pietro - founder and president since 1839 of the 'Cassa di Risparmio of Lombardy 'but it is with his nephew, later Gian Pietro, that the villa acquired that touch of originality that still distinguishes it today. Famous explorer at the head of the 'Milanese Society of Exploration in Africa', the young descendant of the Porro dynasty made numerous expeditions that led him to travel almost everywhere, from the Far East to the Island of Java, from the North of Argentina, to Bolivian Andes to find the descendants of the Incas.
Upon returning from any adventure, the family home was embellished with highly valuable ethnic furniture, rugs and furnishings, many of which still decorate the rooms and halls of the villa. Gian Pietro was the last member of the family to live in Villa Porro Pirelli; after his death in East Africa in 1886, the house was sold to a Milanese nobleman and, after changing several owners, in 1947 it was purchased by Giovanni Battista Pirelli, senator and well-known Milanese industrialist who, at first, transformed it into a retirement home for employees and in 1991 donated it to the municipality of Induno Olona.